1. To use the meeting room, a group representative must complete a Meeting Room Application Form. This form may be obtained at the front desk or by logging on to our web page www.parsippanylibrary.org. It is the responsibility of the group to obtain and file the request in a timely fashion (at least two weeks in advance).
2. Children and youth groups may use the meeting room provided there is one adult supervisor for every ten people under the age of 18.
3. Group size:
Main Library - Parsippany branch - Only two groups may use the community meeting rooms at any given time. Groups of ten or less may also book a small group study room. Use of the tutorial and group study rooms will be limited to two hours per group.
Lake Hiawatha branch - Only one group of no more than 40 people may use the meeting room.
4. For profit organizations and groups will be charged a $50 an hour usage fee, two-hour minimum requirement. Large meeting rooms may be reserved for a maximum of four-hour intervals. All fees must be paid at the time the application is submitted.
5. Parsippany based non-profit groups identified as 501-c3 and municipal committees, service groups, groups affiliated with the Parsippany-Troy Hills School District and library associations will not be charged a usage fee for each meeting room use. Non-profit groups not based in Parsippany will be charged a fee for each meeting room use of $25 an hour.
6. All groups, including non-profits, will be charged a $20 staff fee for use of audio-visual equipment. Equipment is available for use only at the Main Library, 441 Halsey Road.
7. Meetings must be completed fifteen (15) minutes before the library closes to allow time for the building to be secured. If the group needs to meet beyond normal closing hours, the group will be assessed an additional $25 security fee. Building must be vacated no more that 45 minutes after normal closing times.
8. At the Main Library light refreshments may be served in downstairs meeting rooms and the gallery area ONLY. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
9. A refundable $50 clean-up fee will be assessed to groups at the time of meeting room sign-up. The check is refundable as long as meeting room is left in proper, clean order. For groups who meet multiple times, the check will be refunded at the end of the calendar year. Organizations are responsible for any damage to the room and its content, including the kitchen, as well as clean-up following the end of the meeting. In addition, the library assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
10. The Director is authorized to deny future use of the meeting room to any group that is disorderly, violates regulations, or damages a meeting room. A group must give 48 hours notice when canceling a meeting (the exception is weather cancellation). If a last minute cancellation is caused by weather conditions, the group must notify the library (branch) of the cancellation. Failure to provide ample notification will result in forfeiture of the meeting room fee.
11. Childcare for the children of adults attending meetings in library meeting rooms is the responsibility of those adults.
12. At the time of application, a copy of this policy will be given to the applicant, who must sign an agreement that the organization will abide by the rules and regulations set forth in this policy.
13. The Board of Trustees/Library Director reserves the right to attend or to send an authorized representative to any meeting.
14. The name, address or telephone number of the library may not be used as the official address or contact number for an organization.
15. The library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of meetings or meeting room users.
Revised: 11/16/98, Effective: 01/02/99
Revised: 12/17/01, Effective: 01/02/02
Revised: 06/26/06, Effective: 08/01/06